High-Tech Carpet – Flotex
Flotex: the high-tech floor covering
Flotex Flocked Flooring is a unique textile flooring that combines the hard wearing & durable characteristics of a resilient floor with the quality, warmth and comfort of a carpet.
It is the ideal floor covering option in extreme high foot and wheeled traffic areas such as leisure/sport centres.
How it’s made
● Over 70 million fibres per m² deliver an extremely durable floor covering and can withstand extreme wear
● Superior abrasion resistance – tested against EN 1307. Flotex was rubbed back and forth 1,000 times with a 2cm wide pointed metal blade loaded with 2kg weight. At least 50% of the pile most be retained to meet the requirements, Flotex achieved must higher!
● Because of its durable construction, the fibres will return to their original position and the floor remains as new
How it performs
● An Allergy approved floor – Flotex captures allergens and fine dust from the air which are easily released when vacuumed, in fact Flotex removes almost DOUBLE the allergens compared to conventional carpet
● Impervious backing makes flotex suitable for wet cleaning and is fast drying
● It’s a dream to clean with or without chemicals
● R12 – P5 slip rating when dry and when wet
● Flotex achieves an ≤ 22 dB impact on sound reduction
Flotex is really hygienic compared to other textile floor coverings. It provides 30% more soil removal than carpet.
For more information, visit our website: www.forbo-flooring.com.au/flotex