Ligna Stone Bricks & Blocks
Ligna Stone (meaning “wooden” stone in Latin) is handcrafted using traditional block making methods, to create beautiful and timeless masonry and concrete products.
What makes Ligna Stone truly unique is that it is made using a high percentage of timber waste. Utilising the next evolution of the award winning Timbercrete matrix, the patented formula comprises a blend of timber waste, sand, cement and binders that produce a distinctive product with many benefits over traditional clay or concrete bricks and blocks.
Ligna Stone is available in either sandstone or cobblestone finishes. It is suitable for feature cladding, brick veneer, double brick, single skin and retaining wall construction. Standard module sizes including mortar joints range from a standard brick size to 600mm long and varying thicknesses up to 290mm wide.
Ligna Stone offers high performance in a number of fields:
- Lightweight – Around half the weight of clay or concrete
- Highly fire resistant – Blocks at 190mm wide have an FRL of 240/240/240, exceeding the highest possible fire standards. 2015 winner of the Bushfire Building Council of Australia’s Building Product Innovation Award.
- Load bearing – Suitable for double brick, single leaf and retaining wall construction.
- Robust and highly durable – Long lasting with less breakages and better able to absorb impacts.
- Impervious to termites and rot.
The natural colour of Ligna Stone is similar to a white sandstone. A range of colours are available through the application of different sands and oxides, with virtually any colour possible.
• Low embodied energy – Manufactured by hand and naturally cured.
• Superior thermal insulation – Over double clay or concrete equivalents.
• Utilises a high level of post-industrial waste – Comprises 50%-70% timber waste
• Operates as a carbon sink – The timber waste permanently locks up carbon dioxide for the life of the product.
• Reduces energy costs - Higher thermal insulation reduces the need for heating and cooling