Polyester Underfloor Insulation
Make your home warm in winter and cool in summer from the ground up!
Save up to 20% of heat loss and add 1.5 Stars to your First Rate Energy Rating System when you install polyester underfloor insulation.
Remember, your underfloor area is as big your ceiling! A poorly insulated floor will not protect your home from unwanted heat gain in summer and will allow your expensive heating to escape in the colder months, costing you a fortune in energy bills.
Underfloor insulation can:
- Keep the floor warmer and stop your feet feeling cold
- Stop draught coming up from under the floor
- Reduce sound coming up through the floor
- Shrink your energy bills as your home will use less energy to stay at a comfortable temperature
You can see that you can really reduce your overall energy consumption and improve your thermal comfort quite significantly. – TM, Greensborough, 2014
Why is polyester the best type of insulation?
ecoMaster’s underfloor insulation is 100% polyester and is selected based on its exceptional quality and effectiveness. This product is high-performance, low allergenic, moisture and rodent resistant, and it maintains its loft for the lifetime of your home. Furthermore, it comes inlong rolls, which means fewer joins for the best possible coverage.
How does underfloor insulation work?
Without underfloor insulation, the cold air beneath your sub-floor permeates the timber making your home cold and uncomfortable. A timber floor is just 19mm thick, this combined with possible air leakage, create a heat sink beneath your home, drawing the heat out from below.
Insulation is measured in terms of ‘R’ value, which represents “Resistance to Heat”, the higher the ‘R’ value, the better the insulation. An un-insulated floor rates only R0.7. While carpet and underlay will make your feel more comfortable underfoot it only contributes slightly to the R rating (approximately R0.3), giving a total of just R1.0, which is insufficient rating for a comfortable home.
The addition of our R 2.5 underfloor insulation will take the overall Rating of your floor up to a massive R 3.2 or R3.5 with carpet, earning a higher Energy Star Rating for your home and much more comfort for your household.
The benefits of underfloor insulation:
- High performance for optimal effectiveness
- Eco friendly comprising 45% recycled component
- Non-Irritant, non-toxic, non-allergenic
- Manufactured in Australia
- High quality solution that last the lifetime of your home
- 50 year Durability Warranty
- ISO9001 Quality Certification
- ISO4001 Environnent Management System Certification
Available custom installed or DIY supply. Click here for more information.