Phillip Withers Landscape Design is known for its ability to create environments. A key philosophy is a respect and celebration of nature, creating gardens that talk to architecture and give the ability to walk out, dream and relax…
Phillip Withers Landscape Design was established in 2012 and has grown to become a team of dedicated designers and horticulturalists with a true love of plantlife and an ability to create fusion gardens that aren’t afraid to move in their own direction, whilst also paying respect to tradition.
Phillip Withers Landscape Design has created multiple award winning show gardens both in Melbourne and Sydney, also winning back-to-back Sustainability Awards at the prestigious Melbourne Flower and Garden Show held in the Carlton Gardens each year. We are fortunate to be involved in the creation of landscapes across the country, with a vast portfolio of work along Australia’s east coast.
Whilst we aim to create beautiful spaces, we also push to program in practical and functional areas that celebrate that use of food. We feel that as time goes by, food is becoming less and less organic, and therefor our garden spaces are the perfect habitat to involve an edible and sensory experience.
Our aim is to continuously support an effort to provide a naturally functioning, aesthetically pleasing environment for the consumer to enjoy and learn. Our challenge with every new space is to develop a system that works. Every garden needs fuel, good planning and maintenance. Sustainability is key. As we grow, we look to create better and better outcomes for the people whom enjoy it the most…
Our Core Values and Principles
- Evaluate a system specific to each garden for its fuel, developing a rejuvenating source for water and food for the garden.
- Define a practical palette of hardscape elements that talk to the architecture or the existing landscape and come from a renewable or sustainable source.
- Define a beneficial plant palette that makes sense to the habitat to create an environment that works harmoniously with an existing garden where necessary.
- Define space consideration and multifunctioning elements where deemed necessary.
- Define a garden that supports surrounding native wildlife, with careful attention to bees and pollination.
- Create a space that functions for the people that live in it, including a food source and a useful place to rest, play and enjoy being outside.
- Create a beautiful and natural environment.
- Define a maintenance plan to keep a garden functioning for future use.
Book appointment at our website now