Longer lasting timber coatings.
Hardwax oils are hard wearing, attractive finishes in any situation including, floors, doors and kitchen worktops
they are easy to maintain with our maintenance products and are spot repairable if the surface is
damaged. A proper maintenance program will prolong the life of the hardwax oil finish between recoating.
What you will need:
Whittle Waxes Floor Care
NEW highly concentrated formula, add 1/2 of a teaspoon of Floor Care Concentrate to one
litre of water.
Spray N Glide Mop
Makes it quick and easy to clean your floors. It has a detachable water dispenser so you
don’t need a bucket, you can simply fill it with water and Whittle Waxes Floor Care
Concentrate and go.
To protect the floors we recommend:
- Doormats at all exterior doors, to trap dirt and grit from outdoors, before it gets to the
- Encourage of checking the soles of your shoes for gravel and grit caught in the treads.
All ‘moveable’ pieces of furniture need soft clean pads on the bottom of legs or
- Rubber feet on items such as dining room chairs.
- Apply floor protector pads to heavy items of furniture.
- Always remember to pick up furniture rather than slide it across the floor.
- Floor guards enable you to move your appliances forward for servicing without gouging
- Some areas always experience more wear than others (example: under the office chairs)
Use thin non-slip protective mats in these areas.
- High heels concentrate a person’s weight on a small point (60kg person = approx150kg
per sq. cm when taking a normal step). This kind of force can damage many types of
flooring, fracturing ceramic tiles and perforating vinyl, as well as denting wood floors.
While high heels in good repair may not damage wood floors, discourage high heels
- Spills from the food and liquids are usually no problem if wiped up in good time.
- Rugs can be used to minimize damage in high traffic areas.
- Make sure any rugs are kept clean and dry. Have them shaken out and vacuumed
- Depending on the type of use the floor is getting will depend on the maintenance regime, obviously the kitchen will require more regular maintenance than the bedroom.
- Heavy soiling can be cleaned as described above, or careful use of a Steam Mop will lift grime without saturating the floor. Use of Floor Care is often enough to keep the floors looking great.
- Work surfaces, tables and Bench tops should be cleaned in the same fashion, using the
- Floor care as the cleaner, spray the area to be cleaned and wipe dry. The application of Object oil or Wax Finish will maintain the Waxes properties and maintain the look and feel of the surface. Treatex exhibits 99.9% antibacterial properties, negating the need to use aggressive detergents.
- Wood floors are very sensitive to their surrounding climate. Seasonal cracking is a common occurrence. They expand in humid conditions and contract when the air becomes dry, usually due to heating. Using a humidifier or dehumidifier in conjunction with heating/cooling system is recommended, to maintain a constant 30-50% humidity level. This will minimize shrinkage and cracking.
- Never place plants directly on a wood floor even if they are in a waterproof saucer. If there is no alternative always use trivets or short stands under the pot and saucer so that air can circulate underneath. This will prevent condensation on the saucer from damaging a wood floor. It will also be easier to see if the plant is over watered or if water has spilled onto the floor.
- Many people are shocked when a rug is moved and there is an outline of the rug on the floor. Luckily there is no need to panic. If you remove the rug completely, the colour will blend eventually but it will take a while. So be patient! This is called oxidation and happens because UV light hits one part of the uncovered floor and does not reach the area of floor underneath the rug.
- A deep scratch or gouge is not always easy to repair. We recommend consulting a professional when the damage exposes the bare wood.