Think Brick Awards category for New Entrants offers $10 000 cash prize
Now in its 15th year, the Think Brick Awards continue to recognise architectural excellence and the ever-important contribution that architects, manufacturers, builders and bricklayers make in bringing outstanding built projects to life. Each year the awards – with a combined prize pool of $60 000 – attract a jury comprising internationally recognised and highly acclaimed industry leaders.
In 2018, the Think Brick Awards expanded its categories to include the ‘New Entrant’ Award, encouraging upcoming architects to make their debut. To date, more than 350 architects and designers have taken this opportunity to showcase their built projects to the community. Architects and architectural studios entering the Think Brick Awards for the first time in any of the five main categories will automatically be placed into the running for the New Entrant Award.
Think Brick CEO Elizabeth McIntyre says: “Every year I am delighted to see the way architects evolve their design concepts and work alongside manufacturers to push the limits of the raw materials and re-imagine the buildings that make up the tapestry of our unique country.”
The five main award categories are:
- Horbury Hunt Commercial Award – commercial and residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face brick and pavers
- Horbury Hunt Residential Award – as above
- Kevin Borland Masonry Award (in association with CMAA) – concrete masonry in commercial and residential architectural design.
- Bruce Mackenzie Landscape Award (in association with CMAA) – clay brick and concrete masonry in landscape design
- Robin Dods Roof Tile Excellence Award (in association with ARTA) – commercial and residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of concrete and terracotta roof tiles
There are less than six weeks left to enter a project and be a part of the Think Brick Awards 2021. Entries can be submitted through the Think Brick website at thinkbrick.com.au/Awards/EnterNow.
Entries close Wednesday 31st March 2021 and no late entries will be accepted.