The Design Files + Laminex Design Awards 2020 sustainability shortlist
Entries for The Design Files + Laminex Design Awards 2020 closed on Friday, May 15th.
500 entries were received across 10 varied categories. After weeks of deliberation in consultation with 25 esteemed judges, the finalists have been announced. From the awards program, the ‘Sustainable Design or Initiative’ category, supported by Country Road, seeks to celebrate
The finalists in this category have shown incredible ingenuity in creating products and initiatives which lead to positive environmental outcomes. From sunglasses created out of recycled ocean waste, to plant-based, 100 per cent biodegradable home cleaning products, to a terrazzo furniture business diverting tonnes of concrete from building sites – these clever Australian innovators are working towards a brighter future.
Winners will be announced at The Design Files Design Awards ceremony, Thursday November 5th 2020 at Deakin Edge, Federation Square, Melbourne.
Sustainable Design Judges:
Jeremy McLeod / Breathe Architects Karina Seljak / Seljak Brand
Sustainable Design Finalists:
- Adam Cornish Design & Junglefy, Junglefy Breathing Wall
- Dale Hardiman & Stephen Royce, Open Garden
- Dowel Jones & Soft Serve Studio, New Model
- Five Mile Radius, Waste Terrazzo
- Good Citizens, 100% Recycled Eyewear
- Commune & Co, Cirque du Soil
- Koala Eco, Eco Friendly Cleaning Products
- Returnr, Deposit-return system & products
- Seed & Sprout, Raise The Bar
- Melbourne Food Hub, Grow/Source/Eat
- Sussex Taps, Circa
- Waverly Woolen Mills