Entries for 2020 Dulux Colour Awards open
Entries are now open for the 34th Dulux Colour Awards, which invite architects, interior architects, interior designers, specifiers and students of interior design or architecture to submit work that celebrates exceptional and innovative use of colour across interior and exterior commercial, public and residential spaces.
The iconic awards program recognises practitioners who are using colour as the hero and a strategic feature in innovative design. This year, entrants will be eligible to submit work using not only Dulux products, but also those from Porter’s Paints.
“When used effectively, colour has an amazing ability to establish the mood and environment of a space, be it public, residential or commercial,” Andrea Lucena-Orr, Dulux Colour Planning & Communications Manager says.
“For the 2020 Dulux Colour Awards, we are hoping to see a wide range of entries using both Dulux and Porter’s Paints – it allows us a valuable opportunity to identify emerging talent, design movements, as well as celebrate pioneering employment of colour,” Andrea says.
The 2020 Dulux Colour Awards is accepting entries until Thursday 27 February 2020 across the following categories:
1. COMMERCIAL INTERIOR – WORKPLACE AND RETAIL Interior paint finishes of any commercial or industrial building e.g. offices, studios, factories, retail outlets, pop-up shops, shopping centres.
2. COMMERCIAL INTERIOR – PUBLIC AND HOSPITALITY Interior paint finishes of any commercial or industrial building e.g. community centres, museums, theatres, places of worship, cafés, restaurants, fitness centres, hotels, one-off installations, events, education and healthcare facilities.
3. COMMERCIAL AND MULTI-RESIDENTIAL EXTERIOR Exterior paint finishes of any commercial, industrial, education facility or multi-residential apartment building.
4. RESIDENTIAL INTERIOR Interior paint finishes of a private residence, including single and multi-residential.
5. SINGLE RESIDENTIAL EXTERIOR Exterior paint finishes of a private single residence.
6. STUDENT (YEARS 1 – 6) Paint specification by architecture or interior design students who are currently attending or have just completed (within the past 12 months) a course by a recognised University or College.
Each category winner will receive AUD $1000 in prize money (winners of the Student category will receive AUD $500). All category winners, excluding the Student category and New Zealand entrants, will have the chance of taking home the Australian Grand Prix title and AUD $5000. New Zealand entrants will have the chance of taking home the New Zealand Grand Prix title and NZD $5000.
Entries are encouraged from individuals, groups, partnerships and those working in larger practices.
Projects must have been completed between 1 September 2018 and 31 December 2019 and may not have been previously entered into this awards program. The shortlist will be announced online in March 2020 and projects will be judged by a panel of industry leaders.
Winners of the 34th Dulux Colour Awards will be announced at a gala function at Melbourne’s Plaza Ballroom on Wednesday 6 May 2020, with the event compered by comedian, presenter and design enthusiast, Tim Ross.
For further information, details on how to enter and judging criteria, visit dulux.com.au/colourawards