Think Brick Awards 2021 announces jury, entries to close
The Think Brick Awards, Australia’s richest design awards, has announced its jury members for 2021 with internationally recognised and highly acclaimed industry leaders.
Think Brick Australia CEO, Elizabeth McIntyre, said: “I am absolutely thrilled to announce the Jury for the Think Brick Awards 2021. It is a major drawcard for entrants to have their projects judged by such highly esteemed Industry leaders. This year we welcome for the first time Koichi Takada, internationally acclaimed architect and Joint Winner of the Horbury Hunt Commercial Award 2019 for his project The Arc. His focus on sustainability and creating greener futures brings a wealth of information to the judging process”.
The jury members for 2021 are:
Koichi Takada, Principal, Koichi Takada Architects
Amy Muir, Director, MUIR Architecture
Geoff Warn, Founder & Creative Director of With_Architecture Studio
Jane Irwin, Principal, Jane Irwin Landscape Architecture (jila)
Michael White, Director/Architect, Freadman White
The Think Brick Awards are eagerly looking to showcasing your outstanding designs and innovative implementation of these earthy materials. If you have completed a project since January 2019, and wish to showcase your creative ideas to the architecture community, submit your entries before the 31st March here: thinkbrick.com.au/Awards/EnterNow
All entries to the Think Brick Awards are complimentary, allowing you to display as many projects as you like. Think Brick Awards is a platform for architects, designers and builders to share as much of their work and ideas as is possible. To see if your project is eligible, click here: thinkbrick.com.au/Awards/AwardCategories
There are five main categories in the Awards:
- Horbury Hunt Commercial Award – commercial built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face brick and pavers
- Horbury Hunt Residential Award – residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face brick and pavers
- Kevin Borland Masonry Award (in association with CMAA) – concrete masonry in commercial and residential architectural design.
- Bruce Mackenzie Landscape Award (in association with CMAA) – clay brick and concrete masonry in landscape design
- Robin Dods Roof Tile Excellence Award (in association with ARTA) – commercial and residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of concrete and terracotta roof tiles
Architectural studios entering the Think Brick Awards for the first time will automatically be placed into the sixth category – New Entrant. As with the other categories, the winner of the New Entrant Award will receive a $10,000 cash prize.
All winners and finalists will be announced on the 12th of August 2021.