Geelong Design Week
Geelong Design Week 2023 returns this October to celebrate and showcase design excellence, innovation and creativity across the Greater Geelong region. The program features more than 50 exhibitions, talks, film premieres, and unique experiences that will surprise and delight audiences.
The annual event will bring together local Geelong designers, industry leaders, and design enthusiasts from across Victoria from 19 – 29 October.
This year’s diverse program not only highlights Geelong’s notable design heritage, ingrained in the fabric of our daily lives, but also shines a spotlight on our local design talent and the best of Geelong as a UNESCO City of Design.
Highlights from the program include:
● Tim Ross ‘Designing a Legacy’ live show
● The Dell Eco Reef Snorkelling Tour
● The Earth Above: A Deep Time View of Australia’s Epic History Pop Up 360° Film
● Local Designers Showcase – Lighting, Furniture and Fabric Design featuring Kip&Co, Sundown Lighting, Ross Thompson & Two Lines Studio
● Challenges of Small Business & Design: Greenhouse Interiors
● Collective Architecture Exhibition by Architects in Geelong & the Surf Coast
● The Housing Question – Exhibition and Panel Discussion
● House of Fast Fashun Installation
● Perpetual Pigments: Sustainable Colour Continuous Culture Exhibition
● Design + Place: Murrk Ngubitj Yarrum Yaluk Excursion
● Your Geelong: Past, Present & Future Family Workshop
● Geelong Urban Design Walking Tour
● Architecture & Interior Design Renovation Workshop
● DIY or DIE Fashion Show and Cocktail Party featuring Fast Fashun
● Modern Melbourne: Regional Film Premiere
● Designing with Wadawurrung: The Geelong Arts Centre
● Designing Empathy: Human-Centred Design by Deakin Design Students Exhibition
● Local Designers Showcase – Jewellery, Furniture & Wallpaper
● Grounded – Bioplastic Pavilion
Explore this year’s exciting Geelong Design Week program at geelongdesignweek.com.au.
Mayor Trent Sullivan said the program had come together through the ideas, partnerships, collaborations and creative minds of designers, makers, the City, businesses, community groups and organisations.
“We are back with an exciting program of events that reflects the region’s clever ideas, creativity and strong desire to create a better future through design,” Mayor Sullivan said.
“This is a chance for the community to support local designers, learn more about our environment, discover unique cultural insights and see the future of education, technology, inventions and innovations.
“During 19 – 29 October, Geelong Design Week will inspire, empower attendees in a rapidly changing world and offer the opportunity to learn and collaborate.”
Deputy Mayor Anthony Aitken said the quality of this year’s program was outstanding and captured the region’s Clever and Creative aspirations.
“The diverse range of events on offer showcase just how creative and talented Greater Geelong is,” Deputy Mayor Aitken said.
“Geelong Design Week will make space to share clever ideas, explore design thinking, stimulate creativity through talks, tours, workshops and exhibitions and allow community members to peek inside the minds of local designers.
“Make sure to register early to avoid disappointment!”
Geelong Design Week