Think Brick Awards 2022 Entries Are Now Open (With A Combined Prize Pool Of $60,000)
The Think Brick Awards have always encouraged architects to push boundaries in projects by reimagining the application of brick, block, paver and roof tile in contemporary architectural design. 17 years after Think Brick first embarked on a small project engaging seven architects, the Annual Think Brick Awards now receive hundreds of entries annually over 5 main built project categories offering a combined prize pool of $60,000.
Think Brick, in collaboration with CMAA & ARTA continue to reward innovation and craftsmanship and the recognition of brick, block, pavers and roof tiles as pre-eminent building materials.
‘A Time To Build, A Time To Grow’
The theme for the Think Brick Awards 2022 is ‘A time to build, A time to grow’. The theme not only draws on the inherent resilience of brick, block, pavers and roof tiles as pre-eminent and sustainable building materials, but also references the human spirit and its’ ability to thrive and nurture endless creative resolutions.
Entries are open from Monday 17th January until Sunday 10th April 2022 and will be judged on Thursday 12th May by a jury of internationally recognised and highly acclaimed industry leaders. Winners will be announced in August 2022, with details to be provided in line with COVID-19 developments closer to the time.
“Inspired by our Awards theme for 2022 I am really looking forward to seeing the way architects creatively resolve the unlimited possibilities of bricks, blocks, pavers and roof tiles in contemporary building design.”—Think Brick CEO Elizabeth McIntyre
The 6 Main Award Categories Are:
- Horbury Hunt Commercial/Residential Awards – commercial and residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face brick and pavers
- Kevin Borland Masonry Award (in association with CMAA) – concrete masonry in commercial and residential architectural design.
- Bruce Mackenzie Landscape Award (in association with CMAA) – clay brick and concrete masonry in landscape design
- Robin Dods Roof Tile Excellence Award (in association with ARTA) – commercial and residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of concrete and terracotta roof tiles
- New Entrant Award – Architectural studios entering the Think Brick Awards for the first time are automatically placed into the New Entrant category. As with our other categories, the winner of the New Entrant Award will receive a $10,000 cash prize.
How To Enter
Entries close Sunday 10th April 2022 and no late entries will be accepted.
About Think Brick Australia
Think Brick Australia represents Australia’s clay brick and paver manufacturers. The Australian brick industry is worth $2.8 billion and employs 30,000 people. The Think Brick Awards are Australia’s richest design awards. Each year the Think Brick Awards encourages architects, designers and builders to rethink brick, concrete masonry and roof tiles as contemporary and sustainable design materials.